This freebie is for the /f/ phoneme only. For the full version which includes 8 additional early-developing sounds, click HERE
This activity pack is great for young students because each target word contains a picture making it visually appealing and engaging!
This packet includes:
- 1 fortune tellers (/f/ sound with 4 picture-word combos for each initial, medial, and final positions)
- assembly directions for fortune tellers
- 12 flashcards for the pictures included on the fortune teller
- 1 data tracking page
To play the game:
1) Ask student to pick a color (and say the target word) and spell out that color while opening and closing the fortune teller (one open-close per letter). The fortune teller will be open and show 4 pictures (each with a corresponding number).
2) Ask student to choose a target picture; open-close the fortune teller as many times as the corresponding number reflects. You can then repeat step 2 if you like, or move on to Step Three.
3) Ask student to select one of the four targets shown and open the flap. The student can either earn or lose points or earn/lose a turn.
When playing with multiple students, alternate turns and play for either a designated amount of time or until one student reaches a certain number of points. If playing with just one student, keep track of points and play until they reach a certain number of points or until a certain amount of time has elapsed.
**Key Words: artic, articulation, preschool, fun, games, cootie catcher, fortune teller, speech therapy, RTI, craft, free, freebie