FREEBIE: Multiplication Sweets - A Fun Way to Practice Multiplication Facts
How sweet it is...when your students know their multiplication facts!
As teachers we know that fluency in math facts is crucial for students in order to progress successfully through math concepts. Boring drills, however, are not motivating for our students. If there's one fool-proof method to motivate our students, its through sweet treats!
This multiplication facts fluency practice is a fun way for students to learn, practice, and KNOW their multiplication facts (up to 12). As students learn and practice their multiplication facts through 1 minute fast fact quizzes, they build a paper ice cream cone. Each level has a part of the ice cream cone. For example, once the students know all of their x2 multiplication facts, they earn their place mat. After they know the x3, they glue their napkin to the place mat, x4 they earn their cone, x5 they earn their first scoop and so on. Once they know all their multiplication facts up to 12, they earn a real ice cream cone! The visual representation of what each student has mastered is a great reminder of what they still need to practice.
Provided in the download are the following:
1) A heading poster for your "Multiplication Sweets" bulletin board
2) Full directions for how to set up this process in your classroom
3) Paper ice cream cone pieces for students
4) A teacher tracking sheet to monitor student process
5) 11 "Sweet Facts" minute quizzes (one for each level 2-12)
6) A certificate to give each student as they complete all levels of the challenge.
If you love this product, you will also love these other math facts challenges: Addition Challenge