Also included in
- Teachers use the Strategic Instruction Model (SIM) Concept Enhancement Routines to transform abstract main ideas and key topics into a concrete representation that helps students think about and talk about the key topic and essential related information. SIM is about promoting effective teaching and$37.10$51.50Save $14.40
How Does Space Exploration Affected the Florida Economy? This Question Exploration examines this Essential Question to help Ss answer: How has the Space Coast been a boon to Florida?
Question Exploration Routines are instructional methods that teachers can use to help a diverse student population understand a body of content information by carefully answering a critical question to arrive at a main idea answer. Students taught using the Content Enhancement routines earned higher total test scores than did students taught using the lecture-discussion method.
Personally, I use the Routines to figure out what I want to say and how I want to say it. It keeps my "Sage on the Stage" time limited to what fits onto 2-3 pages (about 45 minutes of directed class discussion). This product includes both completed question exploration guide and concept comparison frame. And, the student guides blanked except for vocabulary, scaffolding questions, and graphics already filled in. It is in Microsoft Word .doc form so that Ts can customize the discussion to fit the needs of their Ss.
I also included a mapping exercise for students to identify the top twenty cities and attractions in Florida, to help them locate the Space Coast with Kennedy Space Center and the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
These Concept Enhancement Routines have the following learning objectives and outcomes: Students Will Be Able To (SWBAT/I Can ) summarize the effects of space exploration on the economy and culture of Florida
These Concept Enhancement Routines are classroom tested to help students with the following Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards in Science:
- SC.8.N.4.1 Explain that science is one of the processes that can be used to inform decision making at the community, state, national, and international levels.
- SC.8.N.4.2 Explain how political, social, and economic concerns can affect science, and vice versa.
- SC.8.E.5.12 Summarize the effects of space exploration on the economy and culture of Florida.
- SC.912.E.5.9 Analyze the broad effects of space exploration on the economy and culture of Florida.
- SC.912.N.4.1 Explain how scientific knowledge and reasoning provide an empirically-based perspective to inform society's decision making.
- SC.912.N.4.2 Weigh the merits of alternative strategies for solving a specific societal problem by comparing a number of different costs and benefits, such as human, economic, and environmental.
- Question Exploration: What Was the Space Race? (Rocket Rivals Russia and USA)
- Mission Patch Plan: Design and Meaning for Moon to Mars
Help others #StandOnTheShouldersOfGiants -- leave a review for this resource! And it helps you #SeeFurther too -- you earn 1 credit for every $1 spent on TpT resources. Each credit has a value of 5 cents, so 20 credits earned equals $1 to apply to future TpT purchases.
#StayGiant and stay up on my new resources and STEM news. Look for the green ★ star near the top of any page within my store and click "FOLLOW". Or follow @TheScienceGiant Twitter. Stand on the Shoulders of Giants, and together we'll see further, inspire students, and enlighten inquisitive minds!