This is a FREE SAMPLE of my Pencil Pairs Combo Sets! However, this sample only include Unit 1's Week 1!
Pencil Pairs are activities to practice the High Frequency Words and Vocabulary Words in McGraw-Hill’s Reading Wonders, First Grade Florida Edition
Pencil Pairs meets the following Common Core State Standards:
•CCSS.ELA.Literacy.RF.1.3g: Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.
•CCSS.ELA.Literacy.L.1.2d Use conventional spelling for words with common spelling patterns and for frequently occurring irregular words.
The file includes 3 sets of Pencil Pairs:
• 1 in bright, bold colors
• 1 in chalkboard-themed colors
• 1 in black and white (to save ink!)
Each set of Pencil Pairs includes:
• A ½ page word list that can be used in the classroom or sent home to be hung on the refrigerator for nightly practice.
• Word cards that can be used as flashcards, game cards for memory match other types of word games or center activities.
• Accountability page which requires students to write the words they are practicing (labeled with the corresponding Common Core State Standards for easy grading).