Use the contents of this zipped file bundle to increase the accountability of each student and foster critical thinking. The French response starters and prompts will keep the academic conversation going and keep the students on-topic. Display the colorful posters around your classroom. Print these placemats out for students at their groups so they have a handy reminder of response starters and prompts to make their French conversations more meaningful in your classroom. The student flipbook keeps these prompts right at their fingerprints!
These posters, placemats and flipbook all support the work of Zwiers & Crawford on Academic Conversations, an excellent book that I highly recommend!
This works great with the Fundamental 5 and Socratic Seminars!
There are 7 posters and placemats in this bundle:
1. “Dialogues didactiques” title
2. “Les 5 habiletés de dialogues didactiques”
3. “Développer & clarifier” response starters and prompts
4. “Soutenir les idées avec d’exemples” response starters and prompts
5. “Rebondir sur / Contester” response starters and prompts
6. “Reformuler” response starters and prompts
7. “Faire la synthèse du dialogue” response starters and prompts
You’ll receive pdf versions of the colorful posters and black and white placemats in two sizes (letter, 8.5x11” and tabloid, 11x17”).
There are 5 flipbook files included in this bundle:
The flipbook file with no cutting marks as a pdf.
The flipbook file with cutting marks as a pdf file.
The flipbook file with cutting and glue marks as a pdf file for students who will be gluing the flipbook into their notebooks.
A “how-to” for folding the flipbook as a pdf and jpg file.
Check out the Preview above for a closer look!
When using the pdf files, the flipbook looks best if you select “Actual Size” when printing, but also works well when “Fit” to the 8.5x11” paper.