This Math Algebra Unit Plan was created for Grade 2 French Immersion and aligns with the Ontario Math Curriculum. It includes:
- Unit plan composed of 10 detailed lesson plans
- Unit vocabulary list
- 3 different games/centres activities
- Pages you may project on the whiteboard or document camera to use for a lesson.
- 6 word problems
- 1 test and corresponding rubric
The activities in this Math Unit cover the following skills and concepts from the Grade 2 Math Curriculum:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of equality by partitioning whole numbers to 18 in a variety of ways, using concrete materials.
- Represent through investigation with concrete materials and pictures, two number expressions that are equal, using the equal sign.
- Determine the missing number in equations involving addition and subtraction to 18.
- Identify, through investigation, and use the commutative property of addition to facilitate computation with whole numbers.
- Identify the properties of zero in addition and subtraction.