FRENCH Decoding Practice Science of Reading Game - Lis et couvre - MINI BUNDLE 1
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- Are your French primary students struggling to use their letter sound/phonics knowledge and blending skills to put sounds together and read new words? Are they struggling with vowel sounds and/or sons composés?Do they need more practice decoding new words and making sure they understand them?Lis etPrice $16.00Original Price $20.00Save $4.00
Are your French primary students struggling to use their letter sound/phonics knowledge and blending skills to put sounds together and read new words?
Do they need more practice reading new words and making sure they understand them?
Lis et couvre is a fun, simple, low-prep game to get your students practicing « la fusion », or blending sounds, in a way that doesn’t even seem like reading! This is a bundle of my original three Lis et couvre games.
This bundle includes:
- 7 "anytime" game boards (objects, colours, numbers, shapes)
- 8 seasonal game boards (two for each season)
- 7 holiday game boards (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Easter)
- Game cards for each of the boards
How to prep:
- Print the desired game board(s) and the cards that match (I suggest printing the cards on coloured paper - a different colour for each game)
- Laminate for durability (optional)
- Cut apart the cards
How to play:
- To play, students will work in pairs
- Each student will need a set of counters/cubes/etc
- Students will place cards face-down in a pile, and taking turns, will draw one card and try to read what is on the card
- If they are able to find the picture that matches what they have read, they cover that picture with one of their counters
- If they are unable to read the word, they replace the card at the bottom of the deck and it is the other partner’s turn
- The player at the end with the most counters is the winner
I usually use this game during small group time, but if your students are able to blend sounds without help, it could be used as an independent centre as well. This game is a GREAT way for students to practice blending, as they are able to use the remaining pictures on the game board as clues to the word if their blends aren’t quite right, and self-correct!
This product is a bundle of my original three "Lis et couvre" resources. Save over 20% by purchasing the bundle! You can see a second mini bundle for vowel sounds & sons composés by clicking HERE.
Looking for more blending and decoding practice? Check these out!
- Big French Blending Books Bundle
- Décode et dessine l'image Decodable Readers
- Je peux lire Vowel Sounds + Consonants
- French Decode and Build a Scene
- French Decode and Find
*As this is a Teachers pay Teachers product, this download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. With your purchase, you are able to return and buy additional licenses for colleagues at a reduced rate. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
Don't forget to click the green star by my name to Follow Me and be among the first to find out when new products and Freebies are added to my store! I would also love if you left me some Feedback, by going to your My Purchases page and clicking Provide Feedback. This gets you credit you can apply towards future purchases!