Do you love the idea of interactive notebooks, but find them difficult to implement in your primary classroom due to the amount of complex cutting? Do your students struggle to keep their notebooks neat and tidy? Are you looking for a fun and exciting way to help your students master the alphabet and their letter sounds, en français?
This FRENCH easy alphabet interactive notebook is for you!
Your maternelle students will LOVE learning the alphabet with these engaging activities. There are six activities for each letter of the alphabet, and the interactive pieces are all straight cuts ONLY and easy for kinder fingers to manipulate. The activities for all 26 letters follow the same format, so once your students learn the routine, they will be good to go!
Check out the preview to see photos and detailed explanations of what's included!
The six activities for each letter are:
● Title flap - students will colour the letter and can draw something that begins with the target letter under the flap
● Find and colour - students will find and colour the target letter hidden among a variety of letters. They can practice writing the letter under the flap.
● Trace and write - students will learn the correct way to write each letter as they trace and write the target letter, following the arrows
● Beginning sounds - this page is like a mini personal dictionary of words that begin with (**or contain for the letter X) the target letter. There is an image for each word for students to colour and they can draw more things that begin with the target letter under the flap
● Upper- and lowercase sort - students will cut out and sort the upper- and lowercase letters. I have included letters in a variety of fonts to help students recognize the letters written in lots of different styles
● Beginning sound sort - students will sort the pictures based on if they begin with (**or contain for the letter for X) the target letter or not. Under the flap, they can draw something else that begins with and does not begin with the target letter.
This product now includes TWO versions, to make printing easier for you! Choose between printing by letter, or printing by activity (both versions are included in their own, separate pdf documents within a .zip folder. Please be sure that your computer can open a .zip folder before purchasing!).
I recommend having your students glue their activities into a coil-bound scribbler. Depending on your preference, you can also have your students glue them down flat and not write under the flaps.
All activities require STRAIGHT CUTS ONLY!! Just print, copy, and cut them out with one slice using your school paper cutter! Perfect for maternelle!!! For the sorting activities, I do have my students cut out the dotted lines themselves.
Looking for more French alphabet resources? Click the links below!
★ FRENCH Letter Formation Mats
★ FRENCH Alphabet Directed Drawing
★ FRENCH Alphabet Letter Sorts
★ FRENCH Alphabet Poems
★ FRENCH Alphabet Read and Colour
★ Letter Mazes for the FRENCH alphabet
★ FRENCH alphabet tracing practice
★ FRENCH Alphabet Find & Colour
*As this is a Teachers pay Teachers product, this download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. With your purchase, you are able to return and buy additional licenses for colleagues at a reduced rate. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
Don't forget to click the green star by my name to Follow Me and be among the first to find out when new products and Freebies are added to my store! I would also love if you left me some Feedback, by going to your My Purchases page and clicking Provide Feedback. This gets you credit you can apply towards future purchases!