Also included in
- Do your students need a little extra motivation and fun to get them practicing important phonological awareness skills? Looking for something new and different for your literacy centres - the kind of activity that your students will LOVE and not even realize they are learning while playing? Roule e$9.60$12.00Save $2.40
Do your students need a little extra motivation and fun to get them practicing important phonological awareness skills? Looking for something new and different for your literacy centres - the kind of activity that your students will LOVE and not even realize they are learning while playing?
Roule et couvre may be just the game you are looking for! Use this simple, fun game during small-group time or as a literacy centre to help students practice :
✓ associating upper- and lowercase letters
✓ identifying beginning sounds in words
✓ identifying ending sounds in words
✓ identifying blends or "sons composés" in words
✓ counting the number of syllables in a word
✓ identifying vowel sounds in the middle of words
16 different game boards and 16 different dice included! Simply print and laminate the game boards and assemble the dice you need (cut the solid lines and fold the dotted lines), and provide each student with 10 counters (jetons). Students will play in teams of two. They roll the dice and identify a corresponding image on their side of the game board (ex. Quelle image démontre quelque chose avec le même son final que "escargot"? Bateau!), then cover it with a jeton and pass the dice to their partner. If they roll something they have already covered, tough luck - they only get to roll once per turn. The first to cover up all 10 images or letters wins!
These games also include a LOT of new vocabulary words for your French immersion students - they will be saying these new words over and over while figuring out the sounds/syllables in each word!
Click on the Preview to see *some* of the included game boards!
Check out these other resources that work on phonological awareness en français:
• Compter les syllabes (FRENCH Syllable counting practice game)
• Faire de la pizza en fusionnant - FRENCH segmenting/blending pizzas
• Jeu/Centre - Sons finaux (FRENCH Ending Sounds Game/Literacy Centre)
• Jeu/Centre - Sons initiaux (FRENCH Beginning Sounds Game/Literacy Centre)
• Labyrinthes des lettres (Letter Mazes for the FRENCH alphabet)
• Les mots sans sens! (French Nonsense Word decoding)
• Les rimes - en casse-tête (FRENCH Rhyme Puzzles)
• Littératie SANS PREP! Noël - FRENCH No-Prep Christmas Literacy Activities Pack
• Ours polaire perdu! (le son initial) FRENCH beginning sounds literacy centre
• Quels mots riment? - FRENCH Rhyme Pocket Chart Sorts
• Tape et trie! (FRENCH Syllable counting practice game)
• Trier par le son initial - FRENCH Beginning Sound Pocket Chart Sorts
• Trier par les sons composés - FRENCH Phonics Pocket Chart Sorts
*As this is a Teachers pay Teachers product, this download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. With your purchase, you are able to return and buy additional licenses for colleagues at a reduced rate. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
Don't forget to click the green star by my name to Follow Me and be among the first to find out when new products and Freebies are added to my store! I would also love if you left me some Feedback, by going to your My Purchases page and clicking Provide Feedback. This gets you credit you can apply towards future purchases!