FRENCH Reading ( La lecture guidée ) French Strategies for Science of Reading
What educators are saying
Looking for ideas or inspiration to get your guided reading groups up and running in a French kindergarten classroom? Look no further! Just add books, and using this pack, you will have EVERYTHING you need to teach your littles the 7 strategies that are essential for becoming an independent reader, tout en français!
This guided reading pack is perfect for teachers in a French kindergarten classroom. It provides step-by-step strategies and activities to help readers understand the science behind reading and develop better French reading skills. This guide will help readers learn the basics of French reading while also providing instruction on advanced reading strategies, such as phonological awareness, decoding, fluency, and comprehension.
With its easy-to-follow instructions and helpful activities, this guide is sure to help students take on the challenge of learning to read in French.
- Reading strategy posters (I use animals to teach reading strategies)
- UPDATED - all of the strategies taught are now aligned with the Science of Reading. No more guessing!
- Cards/bookmarks to reinforce using their newly learned strategies at home
- Tips, tricks, and ideas for how to structure your guided reading lessons, as well as questions to ask your students and things to say when they get stuck
- Comprehension activities, questions, and games
- Word work activities and games (blending, segmenting, reading words in parts, try another sound, etc.)
- Lesson plan forms and running record sheets
- Organization tips
- and MORE! 135 pages in all!
See the preview above for a peek at what's inside.
Use this French guided reading resource to turn your primary students into strong, independent readers who can read new words on their own!
What are other teachers saying about this French kindergarten reading BUNDLE?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I love this updated version of la Lecture Guidee. The new strategies that follow the science of reading have been a game changer and have benefited my students so much in their guided reading groups as well as with their reading at home. Merci beaucoup!” – Jane G.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “These strategies have helped my students so much! Decoding has been a bit of a challenge but your resource has been a lifesaver. Merci!” – Sarah G.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This resource helped organize my guided reading. It’s extremely well organized and helps when working with students beginning to learn French. Merci!” – Antonella G.
If you are looking for more games and activities for guided reading, check out my supplemental activities :
- Faire de la pizza en fusionnant - FRENCH segmenting/blending pizzas
- Les mots sans sens! (French Nonsense Word decoding)
- Lis et couvre (FRENCH Read & Cover - blending practice)
- Super syllabes! (FRENCH Syllable counting practice game)
Or, if you need books to support your lessons, here are the decodable readers I currently offer on TPT:
- French Vowel Sound Blending Books
- French Son composé Blending Books
- Décode et dessine Books
- Je peux lire Books for French Sounds
*As this is a Teachers pay Teachers product, this download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. With your purchase, you are able to return and buy additional licenses for colleagues at a reduced rate. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
Don't forget to click the green star by my name to Follow Me and be among the first to find out when new products and Freebies are added to my store! I would also love if you left me some Feedback, by going to your My Purchases page and clicking Provide Feedback. This gets you credit you can apply towards future purchases!