Also included in
- This is a bundle of FRENCH resources available from Mis Clases Locas. This French Bundle is perfect for back to school. Start French 1 with more Comprehensible input and confidence! Variations of these CI French class resources could be used in French 1, French 2, or French 3. Included Resources for$28.79$44.95Save $16.16
These French dance music bell ringers or brain breaks for French class will start your class with a bang or provide a much-needed movement brain break. These French dance warm-ups can be used in all levels including French 1, French 2, French 3, French 4, and Middle School Exploratory as a fun classroom management routine. "La danse de vendredi" is many students' favorite day of the week, and it could be used any day of the week. It can be used in person, virtually, or hybrid.
What is included in La danse de vendredi?
✅ Editable Google slide show with 22 slides of current dances in French & video links
✅ Most videos are from the past couple of years with a diverse selection of music
✅ A mix of Just Dance and real people dances in French
✅ A positive way to start class & build classroom community
✅ A weekly French bell ringer or brain break for Friday, or any day of the week
✅ A way to connect with students through pop culture, music, and dance
✅ An editable slideshow to be projected
Please note that you must have access to Youtube and the Internet to play the videos.
**Please make sure to preview all songs before using them. I would personally use all of these with my high school classes, but know that all school situations are different.
If you have active classes that need movement and breaks, dance videos are perfect. It can start class on Friday as a weekly event known as La danse de vendredi, or be used as a much-needed movement break any day of the week. It is especially important if you teach block schedules. It helps build a positive classroom community as well.
HOW DO YOU DO LA DANSE DE VENDREDI?
How do you get high schoolers to dance in class you ask? First and foremost as the teacher sets the example. You can make a fool of yourself learning the dances with them. Sometimes we might try a song and partway through the students decide they are over it. This is fine & usually because it is too hard, so you can quickly change to their favorite by request. I have had classes that were never as into dancing, which is fine. Finally, I have found it is a great way to get those Friday wiggles out at the beginning of class. This is especially important on game days and before long weekends.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication - Interpretive Listening
✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
What French teachers think about these French Brain Breaks
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This activity was more fun than I even imagined it would be! All of my students jumped up and participated. I had underestimated how much they enjoyed the game in the video game form and they didn't seem to care that these were videos and not the actual game. I recommend this so highly for elementary school students. I dance around with them and it is a great time for everyone. You can't go wrong with this fabulous resource. - French teacher in grades 1,3,4,5,6
- I⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ wanted to include more engaging activities for my students to do through distance learning. I've been including some of these every few days and the responses have been very positive! Great way for them to incorporate some DPA into their schedules. - MllD
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love the French songs in your playlist - there's great artists like Stromae, Tal, Black M, and some Disney classics. My students will enjoy getting some energy out while falling in love with these French songs. Merci! - Zoe W
Other French Activities you might like
The Spanish version of this dance can be found here - Baile viernes
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF Download. Please make sure you have an updated PDF reader.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information check out my blog Mis Clases Locas French Curriculum & Baile viernes (to see how I use dance in class).
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
- Collaborate with me on Instagram (Take pictures using this resource & tag me!)
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.