This activity allows students to gather information, take notes, and complete an essay based on the process used to assess them through high-stakes testing. Students will read and take notes on an informational text called Protecting Florida’s Prairies, a blog entry called Exploring Florida and More: Camping at Paynes Prairie State Park, and read a narrative called Cowboys on the Prairie: Chapter 3; Entering the Prairie . They will then use the graphic organizer provide to synthesis the information. Finally, they will organize their writing and write an informational writing piece based on the Common Core Standards expectations in testing. Informational Writing student notebook page is included!
This activity includes:
• A student direction page that includes the writing prompt. This prompt is styled after the Florida Standards Assessment.
• The Writing to Inform student notebook page.
• A newspaper article titled Protecting Florida’s Prairies.
• A blog entry called Exploring Florida and More: Camping at Paynes Prairie State Park.
• A narrative called Cowboys on the Prairie: Chapter 3; Entering the Prairie.
• A graphic organizer to synthesis their thinking on all 3 reading pieces.
• 3 different graphic organizers to choose from to plan their writing pieces.
• Simple stationary for students to write on.
• An assessment suggestion page. No rubrics are included in this product.
This is a companion activity for A Land Remembered
Please be sure to follow me for new products, 1/2 price for a limited time! Also, all TPT Teachers love feedback! Please take a minute after you download to share how you feel about any product you download!
Thanks, Julie from The Best Days :)
Follow The Best Days on Facebook
Follow The Best Days on Instagram
Follow The Best Days at The Best Days Blog
Other Writing Products you may be interested in!
Spot the Prompt: A Types of Writing Prompts Game
Writing All About Snow Globes: Write to Inform Testing Prompt
Back-to-School Common Core Writing Pretest FREEBIE
Interesting Animals of Florida: A Cross-Curricular Opinion Writing Test Prep
Valentines Day Writing Promp Write to Inform High Stakes Testing Prompt
Writing Prompt: My Superhero IS Super