A Presentation on Fun Plenaries that can last about ten minutes, but could be shorter, to assess the learning at the end of a lesson.
A Plenary that:
1. Refers back to and consolidates the most important learning points of the lesson;
2. Refers back to the learning intentions stated at the beginning of the lesson;
3. Puts the learning in context, by linking it both to prior learning and to the coming stages;
4. Gives opportunities for informal assessment;
5. Quick checks learning that has taken place;
6. Helps you judge the next steps;
7. Enables you to plan the next lesson.
Teachers can use these plenaries to assess the learning as well as to get done with their lesson in the classroom.