Use these 40 task cards with your students to help them practice solving problems with FUNCTIONS.
What is Included:
This resource includes 40 task cards, a student answer sheet, and an answer key. Your students will love working with these task cards.
How to Use:
I place one task card on each of my students desks and give them 2-3 minutes to complete the problem and record their answer on their answer sheet. Once time is up I have my students "scoot" to the next desk to solve the new problem. The students LOVE doing this activity because it gets them moving. I highly recommend printing these task cards and answer key on card stock. Laminate them if possible so that they can be used for years. These task cards are perfect for reinforcing concepts through individual student practice, pair-share, early finishers, and assessment prep.
✔ Relations and Functions
✔ Write & Evaluating Linear Functions
✔ Compare & Analyze Functions
This resource is included in my Functions UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
Common Core Aligned :
* 8.F.1 Understand that a function is a rule that assigns to each input exactly one output. The graph of a function is the set of ordered pairs consisting of an input and the corresponding output.
* 8.F.2 Compare properties of two functions each represented in a different way (algebraically, graphically, numerically in tables, or by verbal descriptions)
* 8.F.3 Interpret the equation y = mx + b as defining a linear function, whose graph is a straight line; give examples of functions that are not linear.
* 8.F.4 Construct a function to model a linear relationship between two quantities. Determine the rate of change and initial value of the function from a description of a relationship or from two (x, y) values, including reading these from a table or from a graph. Interpret the rate of change and initial value of a linear function in terms of the situation it models, and in terms of its graph or a table of values.
* 8.F.5 Describe qualitatively the functional relationship between two quantities by analyzing a graph (e.g., where the function is increasing or decreasing, linear or nonlinear).
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
* 8th Grade Math MEGA-BUNDLE
* 8th Grade Math TASK CARDS BUNDLE
* Middle School Math MEGA BUNDLE
More 8TH GRADE review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.