Have your students apply their understanding of FUNCTIONS with these ERROR ANALYSIS activities.
Benefits of Math Error Analysis:
Giving students opportunities to identify and correct errors in presented solutions allows them to show their understanding of the mathematical concepts you have taught.
This resource includes 10 real-world FUNCTIONS word problems that are solved incorrectly. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION and share a helpful STRATEGY for solving the problem. An ANSWER KEY has also been provided with examples of possible answers. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
How to Use:
When I present this activity to my students, I tell them that these are errors that students from my other class made and I need their help to correct them. Students LOVE correcting other students mistakes. Students can use these activities with a partner, as a warm-up , as classwork, homework, in math centers or group work.
Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Linear Functions
✔ Analyze & Compare Functions
Common Core Alignment :
* 8.F.1 Understand that a function is a rule that assigns to each input exactly one output. The graph of a function is the set of ordered pairs consisting of an input and the corresponding output.
* 8.F.2 Compare properties of two functions each represented in a different way (algebraically, graphically, numerically in tables, or by verbal descriptions)
* 8.F.3 Interpret the equation y = mx + b as defining a linear function, whose graph is a straight line; give examples of functions that are not linear.
* 8.F.4 Construct a function to model a linear relationship between two quantities. Determine the rate of change and initial value of the function from a description of a relationship or from two (x, y) values, including reading these from a table or from a graph. Interpret the rate of change and initial value of a linear function in terms of the situation it models, and in terms of its graph or a table of values.
* 8.F.5 Describe qualitatively the functional relationship between two quantities by analyzing a graph (e.g., where the function is increasing or decreasing, linear or nonlinear).
* MP3 - Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
BUNDLE UP & SAVE $$ with my Functions UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
Get it all in my 8th Grade Common Core MEGA-BUNDLE!
More FUNCTIONS resources:
* Functions ERROR ANALYSIS
* Functions PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
* Functions MAZE, RIDDLE, COLORING PAGE
More 8TH GRADE review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade ERROR ANALYSIS BUNDLE
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.