Fables can be a really fun genre to study! In order to fully understand a fable, it's important to pay close attention to character traits, the problem, and the moral. Students should also understand that the author's purpose of a fable is to teach the reader a life lesson.
This genre study could be used in large group, small groups, or as a literacy center! It includes:
- 4 different fable stories
* The tortoise and the Hare
* The Ant and the Grasshopper
* Belling the Cat
* The Lion and the Mouse
- Information printable to teach students about fables
- An interactive flipbook activity to practice identifying characters, character traits, problem and moral of each story as they listen or read to self.