Supplement your fables unit with 6 short passages that each feature the text and 4 multiple-choice comprehension questions on one page. The questions are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests, with the last question asking students to identify the lesson of the fable. Great for morning work, homework, assessment, or centers!
The readability levels of these passages is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• A Dog and His Reflection fable and questions (1 page)
• The Ants and the Grasshopper fable and questions (1 page)
• City Mouse and Country Mouse fable and questions (1 page)
• The Fox and the Crow fable and questions (1 page)
• The Fox and the Stork fable and questions (1 page)
• The Lion and the Mouse fable and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► SAVE by purchasing the Short Reading Passages BUNDLE
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!