Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
A Language Arts resource that uses various activities to introduce and teach students about the elements of a story through much loved nursery rhymes, fables and fairy tales. Students will learn all about the setting and characters (protagonist & antagonist) that are associated with each Fable. Through various activities your students will learn all about the story you are teaching them.
Elements of Fables
1. A very short story
2. Teaches a moral
3. Usually has animal characters that talk like humans
1. The Fisherman and the Little Fish
2. The Ugly Duckling
3. The Tortoise and the Hare
4. The Little Red Hen
5. The Three Little Pigs
1. What is a fairy Tale/Fable/Nursery Rhyme
2. Posters for Teacher to read; picture walk; sequencing story;
3. Character mini-posters, settings mini-posters-great for retelling!
4. Student print and cut mini-books of story for reading and retelling.
5. Fairy tale journals for students
6. Vocabulary words from each story
7. Comprehension questions for each story
8. Brainstorm how the story could be applicable to the student’s life.
9. Character, setting puppets (color, cut out, glue on popsicle stick)
10. Comic strip for students to re-write the Fairy Tale/Fable
11. Cut and paste activity for student’s to sequence the story
12. Cut and paste, setting on piece of paper, or characters, or a scene from the story.
The preview only shows you a sample of what you will be reaching if your purchase this packet!
* Check out my nursery rhyme and Fairy Tale packets