Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Fables are powerful stories for retelling and learning the elements of fiction. But have you ever thought of using fables to teach economics concepts? I love using fables to integrate economics and social studies in first grade! And this 6 week JAM PACKED unit is great for that and perfect around the holidays too!
This is part of my year long integrated units bundle. Other units from this Bundle include:
This packet includes 6+ weeks of extremely detailed weekly and daily lesson plans in reading, writing and social studies/economics for this unit, anchor charts and templates, COMMON CORE STANDARDS tied to activities and all materials needed to teach the lesson. You will have a completely integrated plan for this unit and all the tools you need to teach for 6 weeks.!
This is based on the Common Core unit for 1st grade, but can easily be used in the K-2 classroom.
Included in this packet:
• 16 pages of detailed daily lesson plans
• 6 weeks of visual weekly plans
• 18 "I Can" CC objective cards for focus standards for this unit, plus 30 CC objective cards for literacy and math for year long standards (matches my *YEAR LONG PACING GUIDE*)
• 31 word wall cards and a blank page for customizing
• Corresponding common core standards for the activities
• unit poster to display
• goods/services sort and interactive powerpoint
• resources sort and interactive powerpoint
• Grinch activities
• Narrative writing anchor charts, graphic organizers
• TONS of anchor charts in full color and black and white as well as templates to create your own anchor charts with your students
• pilgrim writing and creativity tracers
• pumpkin pie recipe, economic activity and graph
• Writing prompt pages for all of the included prompts and more!
• fable graphic organizer
• verb tenses (past and present) sort
• wants and needs stockings sort
Please download the DEMO to see everything that is included in this HUGE packet!
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!