The FABULOUS FABLES LITERACY AND LEARNING FUN ACTIVITIES are a fun way to introduce some of the most popular fables to your students. The hand-painted bag features the Tortoise and the Hare. There are 8 original activities in PDF format. Included:
1. The Lion and the Mouse: Put the four picture cards in story order. Under each picture, write a sentence telling what happened in the story.
2. The Tortoise and the Hare: THE GREAT RACE ADDITION GAME: Each player
choose a character--the tortoise or the hare. Then, take turns drawing a card. If the card matches your color,solve the addition problem and slide your character to the number shown. If you draw a lower number, you must move back down to that number. If it doesn't match your color, your turn is over. The first person to reach the number 10 wins.
3. The Ants and the Grasshopper: Put the story sequencing strips in order to retell the story.
4. The Dog and the Bone: DOG OR BONE?" SHORT OR LONG "O"? Look at the
picture cards. If the word has the short "O" sound, put it in the dog's column. If it has the long "O" sound, put it in the bone's column.
5. The Fox and the Grapes: FOX'S GRAPES PLURAL NOUNS: If a word ends in x, s, ch, or sh, you must add "es" to the end of the word to make it plural. Otherwise, just add an "s". Circle the correct plural for each picture.
6. The Moral of the Story Is: Draw a line from the fable title on the left to the moral learned from it's story on the right.
7. Fable Favorites Memory Match: Turn all the picture cards upside down and line them up in rows. Players take turns matching the two cards that are characters or items in the title of a fable (ie: match together a bee card and a bear card for the fable The Bear and the Bees).
8. Story Map: Fill in the story map for your favorite fable. (setting, characters, problem and outcome.)