• This PBL Unit is an entire set of lesson plans that uses the project-based teaching method. This project allows your students to become authors and illustrators! Students will be creating a fairytale and props for a puppet show.
At the completion of this project, students will:
• Create their own fairytales and puppet show to go with it.
• Use the engineering design process to facilitate the creation of their fairytales and puppets
• Recognize the components of a fairytale.
• Use a rubric to stay focused on the plan
• Create puppets that resemble the characters in their story
• Solve read world story problems using addition and subtraction
• Addition and subtraction to 20
• Understand how to use a RAN chart to collect information
The project integrates multiple subject areas including:
Math, Reading, Writing, Science (Inquiry standards)
This PBL Unit is a 101 page packet and includes:
-Common Core Standards
-List of materials
-Easy to follow lesson plans that last approximately 12 days
-Reproducible student journals that follow daily lessons
This project was created with 1st graders in mind but can be easily adapted for Kindergarten through 3rd grade.
I would love to hear your feedback. Please look for my additional PBL projects soon.