The Fairy Tale Literacy & Math Unit contains 6 activities and 3 additional response sheets for students to complete. Each activity contains activity cards and response sheets. There are 3 literacy activities and 3 math activities.
1. Happily Ever After Making Words- Students make words using the letters in "happily ever after." They write the words on the recording sheet. Cards are provided.
2. Happily Ever After Capital and Lowercase Letter Match- Students match the capital letter with the lowercase letter. Students record results on recording sheet.
3. Happily Ever After Syllable Sort- Students sort words based on the number of syllables they have (1,2, or 3). Students record results on response sheet. To differentiate, remove the 3 syllable words.
1. Happily Ever After Odd or Even? - Students sort cards into odd and even piles. Students record results on recording sheet.
2. Happily Ever After Missing Number Challenge- Students solve the equation on the card. Equations are both addition and subtraction facts and have a missing number in the equation. Students record problems with missing number on response sheet. 2 levels are provided.
3. Happily Ever After Place Value Activity- Students determine what the number is by counting the hundreds, longs, and cubes. They record the number on the response sheet. 2 levels are provided.
Additional Response Sheets:
1. Fairy Tale Elements Response Sheet
2. Story Elements Response Sheet
Fabulous Fairy Tales Literacy and Math Unit
by Megan Triplett
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License