Fact Families activity. Fact Families can be fun! Fact Families, Number Bonds, and Tens Frames will give students the practice they need understanding the facts that make up a fact family and how a number bond represents the part, part, whole relationship between the numbers.
This activty is Common Core Aligned with Grade 1 (1.OA.3), (1.OA6) and (1.OA.8) and Second Grade (2.OA.2). This activity can also be used with third graders who are struggling and need additional practice with fact families, number bonds, and part, part, whole relationships
This resource includes:
* Four different choices of Fact Family Task Cards (with same fact families on them)
* Pages 9 - 14 are COLOR Fact Family Task Cards with 4 Cards per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock. However, these Fact Families are MISSING an Addend (part) or the SUM (whole) and are
labeled with the part, part, whole relationship. These task cards can be used to differentiate your instruction to challenge your higher functioning students. All of the Fact Families on
each set of cards are the same.
* Pages 15 - 21 are COLOR Fact Family Task cards with 4 Cards per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock that have ALL three numbers of the fact family.
*Pages 22-33 are BLACK and WHITE Fact Family Task Cards with 4 cards per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock. These Task Cards are the SAME as pages 9 - 21 only in Black and White.
* Pages 34 - 46 are COLOR Fact Family Task Cards with 2 Task Cards on each 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock.
* Page 47 - 58 are Black and White Fact Family Task Cards with 2 Task Cards on each 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock. These Task Cards are the SAME as pages 34 - 46 but in Black and White.
* I have also included 2 Blank Task Card Templates for you to add any Fact Families Numbers that you would like.
* A Mini-Book of Fact Families (these are the recording sheets for each fact family.)
This activity can be used in your math center or as a whole group Scoot Game.
Print out the Task Cards of your choice in either color or black and white. Print the task cards on a thick cardstock, cut them apart and then laminate them for durability. If you use the product in this way, I would suggest copying the recording sheet pages on a regular-sized paper and not in a mini-book. You can give the students multiple copies of the recording sheet and they can do as many fact family houses that you assign.
2. The Fact Family Task Cards can also be used as a “Scoot” game. The students can each have a Fact Family Task Card on their desk. The students “scoot” around the room going from desk to desk to answer each Fact Family in their Fact Family Mini-Book.
Thank you for your interest in my product!