This unit provides extra practice and resources for fact families, related facts and using addition to subtract facts to 20. It includes interactive notebook pages, printables, and games. Here is what’s included:
These resources help students learn subtraction facts to 18 and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
• Making 10 to Subtract Printables – 3 printables. Students solve an addition fact, fill in a part part whole model and write a related subtraction fact.
• Interactive Notebook Page – Using Related Facts – students solve an addition equation and write a related subtraction equation. Then students paste a matching part part whole mat above the equations.
• Are We Related? Game – students sort equations on a mat by if they are related facts or not related facts. Then students write the related facts on a recording sheet. 2 options for recording sheet - one with part part whole mats and one with number bond models.
These resources help students understand how to find the subtraction facts and addition facts in a fact family.
• Fact Family Printables – 7 printables. Students write a fact family for each model. 2 pages part part whole mats with numbers, 2 pages part part whole mats with dots, 2 pages number bonds. 1 page where students cut and paste equations under the correct fact family.
• Interactive Notebook Page – Fact Families – Students cut and paste numbers with the correct fact family.
• Sort the Fact Families Game – students sort equations with the correct fact family mat (8 fact families).
• My Fact Families Book – students write the fact family and fill in the number bonds on each page (9 pages).
Using Addition to Subtract
These resources help students understand how to use a related addition fact to find the missing part in a subtraction problem.
• Using Addition to Subtract Printables – 4 pages. Students complete a part part whole mat and complete equations for each model. 2 pages with dots in the models and 2 pages with numbers in the models.
• Addition to Subtract Game – Students select a whole number card and place it on the mat. Then place a random number of counters on the first part. Students then decide what number can be added to the first part to equal the whole. Students complete the part part whole mat and record their answers on a recording sheet.
• Interactive Notebook Page – Using Addition to Subtract – students complete a part part whole mat, glue matching equations under the flap, solve and complete the number bond model.
• Using Addition to Subtract Book – 11 pages. Students glue the missing number (on an acorn) to the tree to complete the fact family, fill in the missing numbers in the equations, and complete the part part whole mat.
Please download a free preview to see all that is included. Feel free to email me with any questions!
Over the 1st Grade Rainbow
You may also like:
Making 10 to Subtract – Facts to 20
Making 10 to Add – Facts to 20
Doubles – Facts to 20
Adding 3 Numbers
Five and Ten Relationships
Key Words: subtraction facts to 20, subtraction strategy, subtraction strategies, part part whole, number bonds, related facts, using addition to subtract, fact families