Addition fact practice should be fun and occur frequently in order for students to understand patterns and memorize facts. Help students become fluent in their knowledge of Doubles and Near Doubles addition facts. By linking the addition facts to literature and poetry and providing opportunities for repeated practice, this packet allows teachers to meet curriculum goals while engaging students in a variety of ways. The packet includes the following:
* recommended literature and suggestions for use,
* three original poems/chants to reinforce addition fact patterns for doubles and near doubles,
* 1 activity to encourage real-world connections with addition facts,
* 1 activity to help students notice connections between doubles and near doubles addition facts,
* a set of flash cards,
* an I Have... Who Has? Game,
* a fact fluency center activity, Doubles Dominoes,
* 4 addition fact practice pages for additional reinforcement of doubles and near doubles.
Please download the preview for a closer look at the included activities.
You may also be interested in my other math products:
Hopping Along the Number Line First Grade
Hopping Along the Number Line BUNDLE
Finding the Missing Number: A Missing Addends Unit
What Good Mathematicians Do
Don't forget to follow my store by clicking on the green star under my store name!