Also included in
- Reading Comprehension Skills – Mini-Unit BUNDLESave with this bundle of Reading Comprehension Skills Mini-Units --- Drawing Conclusions, Author’s Purpose and Fact and Opinion.Or...save even MORE with the MEGA BUNDLE of 9 Reading Comprehension Skills Mini-Units or the ULTIMATE BUNDLE of 12 Mini-Units$12.99$14.97Save $1.98
- Reading Comprehension SkillsHelp your students master 9 critical reading comprehension skills with this MEGA BUNDLE of Reading Comprehension Mini-Units. Each 3-day mini-unit contains engaging, hands-on learning activities, guided notes, 6+ original reading comprehension passages, and ample opportun$39.99$44.91Save $4.92
- Reading Comprehension SkillsHelp your students master 12 critical reading comprehension skills with this ULTIMATE BUNDLE of Reading Comprehension Mini-Units. Each 3-day mini-unit contains engaging, hands-on learning activities, guided notes, 6+ original reading comprehension passages, and ample opp$51.99$59.88Save $7.89
Distinguishing between facts and opinions is an essential reading comprehension skill. This Fact and Opinion unit is designed to help students determine and identify facts and opinions in their reading. Filled with fact and opinion passages, engaging worksheets, and graphic organizers for distinguishing between facts and opinions, this unit will help students develop strong reading skills!
In this 3-day mini-unit students will have numerous opportunities to develop their reading interpretation skills. Through creative activities like a Fact and Opinion Spinner Game, Fact and Opinion Sorting and Writing Activity and a hands-on Tri-Fold response card, students become actively involved in their learning. Direct instruction on fact and opinion and various graphic organizers further develop students’ reading comprehension skills. Five original fact and opinion reading comprehension passages also help students master the skill of identifying facts vs. opinions. This unit is designed to engage students as they practice this essential reading comprehension skill.
Great News! The student packet is also available as a Google Slides resource for students. In addition to the PDF version, students can complete the packet pages via a file sharing service such as Google Drive, Google Classroom, or in the internet “cloud.” The digital version of the packet is accessible from any computer and allows students to complete their work online.
* FYI: The anticipatory set activities that accompany each lesson are in a digital format. They will still need to be printed for students due to the hands-on and interactive nature of the activities.
This detailed Fact and Opinion Mini-Unit includes:
- 3 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
- Fact and Opinion Clues
- Tri-Fold Activity Card
- Fact and Opinion Writing Task
- Fact and Opinion Spinner Game
- 3 Short Practice Passages
- Fact and Opinion T-Chart
- Fact and Opinion Table Sort
- Fact Changer Prompts
- Nonfiction Passage
- Multiple-Choice Practice
- KEYS - all keys for student work and instruction
FYI: This unit is also included in BUNDLES. You can check them out here:
--- Reading Comprehension Skills - Mini-Unit Bundle! Drawing Conclusions, Author's Purpose, and Fact & Opinion
--- Reading Comprehension Skills - MEGA BUNDLE! 9 Mini-Units! Making Inferences, Finding the Main Idea, Predicting, Context Clues, Sequencing, Cause and Effect, Drawing Conclusions, Fact & Opinion and Author’s Purpose
--- Reading Comprehension Skills - ULTIMATE BUNDLE - 12 Mini-Units! Making Inferences, Finding the Main Idea, Predicting, Context Clues, Sequencing, Cause and Effect, Drawing Conclusions, Fact & Opinion, Author's Purpose, Summarizing, Point of View, and Compare & Contrast
Ready to take this unit to a? Just pair it with this super fun Doodle and Do Fact and Opinion Mini-Unit! - Students learn even more about facts and opinions with doodle pages for note taking and interactive activities!
You may also like…
- Interactive File Folder - "Thank You, M'am" Literature Study
- Figurative Language Unit - 6 Types of Figures of Speech
- Doodle and Do - Reading Strategy Doodle Pages and Creative Reading Responses
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction