Practice sorting between facts and opinions with this ocean themed activity while incorporating movement and exercise.
Hang the “Real Facts Reef” and “Opinion Ocean” signs on opposite sides of the classroom.
- Read one ocean statement card.
- Students will decide if the statement is a fact or an opinion.
- Students will “swim” to either poster in the classroom.
- Gather back in a central location and repeat by reading the next statement.
- Try “swimming” different ways each time (diving, doggy paddle, back stroke) or slither like an eel, crab walk, etc.
-Alternative- Laminate and cut ocean cards to use as a center activity. Students can read and sort each card. Record on lined paper.
A cut and paste activity is also included to check for independent mastery. Answer Key provided.
This activity is just one of many in my Reading Reef Literacy Pack
. For Ocean themed math activities check out Diving into Math Center Bundle
To extend the learning (and savings!) consider purchasing my Oceans of Learning Bundle
which combines both literacy and math and includes bonus materials!
K's Classroom Kreations