This resource explores the use of fact and opinion in writing and speaking.
* It unpacks features of opinion with examples from literature the media and film.
* It shows how facts can be deceptive.
* It offers guidance on using fact and opinion effectively.
* It supplies 8 engaging activities to reinforce the acquisition of new concepts.
* It includes a printable workbook.
* It provides suggestions/answers for the activities.
The aim of the unit is to explore:
the strength or weakness of opinion-based expression.
the validity of factual information.
Skills outcomes include:
Building sound arguments
Recognizing unsound reasoning.
This lively interactive unit has so much to offer - these are not just language skills, they are life skills.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License