Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.11 MB | 9 pages
This lesson was prepared to review/learn how to factor various types of polynomials. It is especially useful to do before embarking on a unit on rational expressions. The lesson has levels of differentiation. This lesson could last one to four days, depending on the class’s progress each day. The strategy behind the lesson is to give students (working in pairs) a set of expressions to factor. Every student pair may have either a different set of expressions or be working on a different expression than their neighboring students. This results in less student copying and more authentic work. Furthermore, the students like the process of “pulling from the envelope”, which leads to an element of surprise or choice.
This lesson includes:
• Easy quadratic expressions for factoring (cards) where a=1 and all signs are positive
• Medium quadratic expressions for factoring (cards) where a=1 and negative signs are included
• Easy expressions for factoring out the GCF (cards)
• Medium expressions for factoring out the GCF (cards)
• Difference of two squares expressions (cards)
• Recording sheet
• Summary sheet of three types of factoring
• Lesson Instructions