This engaging, ready to print resource allows students to demonstrate their knowledge of solving equations in a fun way! Students will select 16 teams (16 of their classmates, 16 professional sports teams, 16 teachers, etc.) to compete in an Factoring Polynomials Tournament Challenge. The 16 teams are simply for fun and to increase student buy-in as the winner has been predetermined. This is an assignment that can be completed individually, in partners, or a small group. There are four separate rounds within the tournament.
Four Different Tournament Rounds
Round 1: Factoring Trinomials (a = 1)
Round 2: Factoring Trinomials (a > 1)
Round 3: Factoring by Grouping
Round 4: GCF & Difference of Squares
What's Included in this Product?
- Teacher directions
- Blank tournament bracket
- 30 different factoring problems
- Answer Key that shows the correct winners/answers for each round
Please download the preview for more information.
You might also be interested in:
• Adding and Subtracting Polynomials - Odd Man Out Activity
• Adding and Subtracting Polynomials Error Analysis
• Domain and Range of Graphs Error Analysis
• Factor by Grouping Puzzle
• Factoring Trinomials Odd Man Out
• Quadratic Word Problems Scavenger Hunt
• The Discriminant Quick Color (Quadratic Equations)
• The Quadratic Formula Error Analysis
Be the first to know about the newest products and promotions. Follow Math is FUNtastic
by clicking the green star above!
©️Math is FUNtastic 2018
This purchase is for one teacher only. Additional licenses are available at a discounted price.