Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.95 MB | 20 pages
Prepared Lessons on Factoring
Each lesson starts with a Do Now that relates to upcoming lesson. All the lessons present a visual approach to multiplying and factoring monomials and polynomials, which is based upon the area model of a rectangle.
Each lesson is a complete 45 minute lesson. The lessons can be used with any Algebra I textbook.
This is #6 of 7 files Smart Notebook Files available for teaching the multiplication and factoring of polynomials. All files incorporate the use of the area model.
Since many of the pages are interactive, each file comes with a complete set of directions
1. Setting Up the Rectangle Method for Multiplying Polynomials (sets up the visual model of the rectangle)
2. Multiplying Monomials and Binomials (models how the rectangle can be used to multiply monomials and binomials)
3. Multiplying Polynomials (Extends the previous lesson to multiplying two binomials and begins to challenge students to the idea of reversing the procedure by filling in different information on the rectangle.)
4. Introduction to Factoring Polynomials )Models how the previous lessons can be used to think about factoring.(
5. Factoring Trinomials 1 (Models how the rectangle method can be used to factor binomials and trinomials by filling in various parts of the rectangle and considering greatest common factors.)
6. Factoring Trinomials 2 (Extends the previous lesson to more challenging trinomials.)
7. Factoring Trinomials 3 (Continues to extend the previous two lessons to eventually factoring the difference of two squares.)