Also included in
- Looking to add variety to your classroom? These middle school math stations are just what you need for your students to develop a deep understanding of mathematics. Includes stations in the topics of number systems, expressions, equations, functions, ratios, proportional relationships, probability$65.00$94.00Save $29.00
- Looking to save time, money and sanity? Then this 7th grade math curriculum and activities bundle is for you! This curriculum is aligned to the 7th grade common core math standards. Each unit includes: guided notes, assessments/worksheets and activities such as: task cards, stations, mystery pictur$250.00$403.00Save $153.00
- These engaging factoring activities are perfect for your middle school math students to practice factoring trinomials and multiplying binomials. Many of these activities incorporate algebra tiles, and a printable set of tiles is included for your students! These activities will help reinforce facto$11.00$16.00Save $5.00
These factoring and multiplying polynomials math stations delve into modeling and making sense of factoring. Students will model multiplying and factoring polynomials with algebra tiles. They will then use this information to multiply and factor without models.
The following stations are included:
• Modeling Areas of Polynomials: Given a polynomial (area of a rectangle) students will model the polynomials with algebra tiles to determine the factors (side lengths of the rectangle). 4 trinomials are given with a leading coefficient of one, and 3 polynomials with more than three terms are given as a challenge.
• Modeling Side Lengths of Polynomials: Given polynomials factors (side lengths of a rectangle) students will model the polynomials with algebra tiles to determine the product (area of the rectangle). 4 problems include finding the product of two binomials. 3 problems with multiplying a binomial by a trinomials or multiplying two different variables together are included as a challenge.
• Multiplying Polynomials: Students will multiply polynomials together to determine the product. 4 problems include finding the product of two binomials. 3 problems with multiplying a binomial by a trinomials or multiplying two different variables together are included as a challenge.
• Factoring Polynomials: Students will factor polynomials. 4 trinomials are given with a leading coefficient of one, and 3 polynomials with more than three terms are given as a challenge.
I suggest having students complete the modeling stations before the non-modeling stations as this will help students to make sense of the algebra behind factoring and multiplying polynomials.
Each station should take between 15-20 minutes. These would also be great to use as homework, group work or assessments.
Don't have algebra tiles? No problem, Click Here
to download algebra tiles for free.
Other Products you may be Interested in
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Make Sense of Math