Also included in
- Are you looking to engage your students at the end of your math unit! This resource will get your students up & moving, engaged, and begging for more! Purchase the bundle and save today!Topics included in the bundle:Addition & Subtraction1-digit Multiplication2-digit by 2-digit Multiplicatio$25.50$32.00Save $6.50
- Are you a 4th grade math teacher looking for resources that span the entire school year?! Then this is the bundle for you! With over 30 resources, you'll have something for nearly every topic you cover in 4th grade math. Topics include:AdditionSubtractionMultiplying by 1 Digit Numbers2 Digit by 2 Di$65.00$95.25Save $30.25
Are you at the end of your unit on factors, multiples, and prime & composite numbers and looking for a highly engaging review? This resource will get your students up and moving while reviewing multiplying by factors and multiples. This activity is great for upper elementary students.
- Factor Pairs
- Prime and Composite Numbers
- Extension Activity- Least Common Multiple
- 4 Review Handouts
- 1 Challenge Handout
- Teacher Instructions
- Folder Covers
- Answer Key
- Color and BW Printing
This is a great review lesson for fractions and should take your students 20-30 minutes, depending on their ability. Students will “visit” four islands during the race: Hawai'i, Maui, Oahu, and Kaua'i.
In each city, students will complete a series of math problems and a physical task. Once they complete the math problems students will check in with the teacher to check for accuracy. If they are correct, they may complete the task and move onto the next city. After all four islands are complete, students complete The Amazing Math Race by taking two (very careful) laps around the classroom. This activity is set up to review the concepts but to also get the kids moving.
This lesson is best for 4th grade but can be used as an extension activity for 3rd grade and remediation for 5th grade.
See what teachers are saying about this resource:
- "Played this game with my students today and they LOVED it! It was a great team-building with built-in movements. I enjoyed sharing pictures with parents of students performing movement tasks and race updates. "
- "Love that this gets students moving. Perfect. Thank you!"
Looking for even more Amazing Math Race activities? This resource is part of my Amazing Math Race Bundle. Save 25% today by purchasing the bundle!
- 2-Digit by 2-Digit Multiplication (Amazing Math Race)
- Winter Games: Multiplication and Division (Amazing Math Race)
- Multiplication Word Problems (National Park Themed)
Connect with Me!