Products in this Bundle (4)
In fourth grade, kids need to gain familiarity with factors and multiples. This set of four activities will help your students conceptualize factors and multiples, find all factor pairs for the numbers 1-100, and determine whether a number is prime or composite.
- Teaching Factors with Arrays – Kids conceptualize factors and multiples with three simple (but powerful) array activities.
- Factors of Numbers from 1-100 Cards, Sheets, and Venn Diagram – Kids complete cards showing the factors of each number. On factor sheets, they list factors and tell whether each number is prime or composite. Finally, they sort numbers as prime, composite, and/or square on a Venn diagram.
- Prime Factorization – Four sheets allow you to teach prime factorization with factor trees or the ladder method.
- Number of the Day – Keep kids thinking about factors and multiples with 20 numbers of the day. They decompose the number into its prime factors; determine if the number is even, odd, prime, composite, and/or square; and list some multiples.
- Bonus – A two-page assessment checks students’ basic understanding of arrays and factors.
- Multiples and Factors 1 – graph paper with directions at top asks students to draw arrays for multiples (to x 9) for two, three, four, or five
- Multiples and Factors 2 – graph paper with directions at the top asks students to draw additional arrays for specific multiples of the number they were working on
- Exploring Related Numbers – teacher page with pairs of numbers to assign and graph paper to draw arrays for posters
- Prime, Composite, Square – student page asks students to find three prime, three composite, and three square numbers as they look at the posters
- Factor Cards (numbers two through one hundred) – Students list all factor pairs for each number.
- Factor Sheets – Students list factors for each number and tell whether it’s prime or composite.
- Venn Diagram – Students sort numbers into prime, composite, and/or square then analyze the patterns.
- 2-page factor tree worksheet
- 2-page ladder method worksheet
- Rules of divisibility reference sheet
- Definition sheet
- Guide to using factor trees
- 20 number of the day sheets
- Bonus – brief assessment
This resource helps kids develop fluency and understanding of numbers and their patterns. Deep thinking about factors and multiples builds skills necessary for working with fractions. Open individual previews to get a look at all materials.
Would you like to be notified when I post new resources? Just follow me on TpT!