Also included in
- From the beginning, economics has the potential to change students’ lives. Seriously. Introducing the way economists think, and the potential economics has for helping students understand the world around them blows my mind every year. I especially love the foundations of economics unit because it’s$30.00$33.50Save $3.50
- “Economics is the most valuable class of my high school career,” a student wrote to me last semester. Another student noted that “Your teaching strategy is easy to follow and makes everything easier to understand” while another commented that “I really appreciate that you assigned assignments where$118.00$132.50Save $14.50
- Are you teaching Economics for the first time and feeling way over your head? Have you taught it a few times, but feel like you're ready to take your lessons to the next level? This Semester Course Bundle is yours. If I had to sum up my teaching style and the way my units are structured, I would ref$130.00$163.00Save $33.00
Truly memorable lessons are always my goal. After all, if a lesson is engaging, interactive and relevant, students are bound to remember the content not only to pass the exam, but to remember vital economic concepts into adulthood. That’s why this lesson on the factors of production is jam packed with activities, clear content, examples, and student creativity. Students will learn the material and then apply the concepts they’ve just learned immediately as they create their own entrepreneurial story lines.
This lesson will teach your students all about the factors of production and why they’re important in the creation of goods and services. I use this as my second content lesson of the semester. Along with an interactive lecture, I've included engaging activities, think-pair-shares, and critical thinking opportunities throughout the lesson.
The best part is that you can use this entire lesson for distance or digital learning! All resources (except the lesson plan) come in a printable PDF version AND a Google Slides or Docs version. Students just make a copy and they can use all the included resources!
This resource is also a part of this discounted bundle: Foundations & Fundamentals of Economics Unit Bundle
What to Expect:
- 1 Written Warm Up
- 1 Warm Up Activity
- 1 Essential Question
- Engaging Lecture with Thinking Activities & Think-Pair-Shares throughout (MS PPT, PDF, Google Slides)
- Student Fill-In Notes for Lecture including Warm Up (PDF, Google Slides)
- Factors of Production Mini Project & Simple Rubric (MS Word, PDF, Google Docs)
- Suggested Lesson Plan (PDF only)
*PPT & Mini Project are editable; student notes are not
Want to see my style of lectures before you buy? Check out this freebie: Globalization Economics Lesson
I usually teach this lesson in one 50-minute period.
Note: all Google Drive versions appear in the lesson plans of each individual lesson. As of right now, there is no way to copy a folder in Google so for right now you will need to open the lesson plan and make a copy of each digital resource using the provided links and instructions.
- Class set of included worksheets
- Blank paper for the mini project (if using paper version)
You might enjoy:
- Tragedy of the Commons & Command Economies Lesson
- 7 Principles of Economics Lesson
- Production Possibilities Frontier Economics Lesson
- Economic Systems & the Zombie Apocalypse Economy!
- Market & Mixed Economies & the Wealth of Nations Economics Lesson