The book Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury is a poignant text that deals with the very nature of truth in a world filled with instant-gratification and instant-happiness. This product will introduce students to key themes of the text and have them considering the ways truth, media, and comfort are treated in our modern society.
Students will read key statements inspired by the themes of the book and analyze their own perspectives before and after reading the book.
This would be a perfect lead in to a pre-reading socratic seminar to hook student interest, a silent debate, or even just an unstructured class conversation.
Teaching Fahrenheit 451? Check out the following resources:
- Dystopian World Building Project-Based Learning Unit
- Dystopian Literature Intro: Seeking "The Good Place" Assignment
- Fahrenheit 451 Pre-Reading Anticipatory Tea Party Discussion Cards
How to Get FREE TPT Credit to Use on Future Purchases:
- Go to the My Purchases page and you'll see a Provide Feedback button next to your purchase. Click on it and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and add a short comment in order to receive TPT Credit that you can use for the purchase of your choice!
Want to be the first to know about store discounts, sales, freebies, and new products?
- Scroll to the top of this page and click on the Follow Me button next to my profile picture. This will ensure that you'll get updates about everything going on in my store!