This guided reading packet can be used to teach an entire unit on Fahrenheit 451. It is fully Common-Core aligned, and contains a wide variety of activities, worksheets, and spaces for notes in order to accommodate a variety of teaching and learning styles.
The packet includes:
1) Biographical information on Ray Bradbury
2) Pre-reading discussion questions
3) A character chart
4) Background and contextual information relating to the 1950s, science fiction, censorship, book burning, and dystopian literature
5) An overview of themes, motifs, and symbols
6) Guided reading questions that are both comprehension and analysis based; they are subdivided by novel sections, and then into smaller, more manageable reading chunks (page numbers are included)