This PowerPoint is fully aligned with my Fahrenheit 451 full-unit guided reading packet, and can be used to teach an entire unit on Fahrenheit 451. The materials work perfectly together, as the PowerPoint enlivens the use of the packet through the presentation of dynamic and engaging content that helps keep students' attention directed and accommodates a variety of learning needs and styles.
The PowerPoint (and whole unit) is Common-Core aligned, and contains a wide variety of activities, worksheets, and spaces for notes in order to accommodate a variety of teaching and learning methods.
The PowerPoint includes:
1) Biographical information on Ray Bradbury
2) Pre-reading discussion questions
3) A character chart
4) Background and contextual information relating to the 1950s, science fiction, censorship, book burning, and dystopian literature
5) An overview of themes, motifs, and symbols
6) Guided reading questions that are both comprehension and analysis based; they are subdivided by novel sections, and then into smaller, more manageable reading chunks (page numbers are included)