Fahrenheit 451, while a classic, is one of the most relevant novels of all time - it offers a clear warning to a culture lost in its technology and emptiness and on the brink of destruction. Its narrative is one that certainly speaks to teens today, and this complete literature guide is the product of classroom experience and has been years in development.
This unit plan is designed to take your students through Fahrenheit 451 in a way that the novel comes alive. Students study and dig into the text with the carefully crafted questions on the active reading guides, and you will be confident that key standards are being addressed. From the modern connections
provided such as a Tweet for Me summarizing exercise to the informational text readings that bring in the scientific side of the novel, students will recognize the importance of this classic text as critical in their world. Various other interactive, hands-on, and creative activities will provide you with many ways to engage your students and have them take ownership of their own learning
in this four to five week unit plan. All the basics are here, too: reading quizzes, grammar worksheets, journal prompts, vocabulary, final exam, and final project prompts. You can use it all or just use some. This unit in its entirety touches every CCSS writing standard, many literature and info text standards, digital media standards for speaking and listening, and several language standards. Each resource is matched with its standards throughout the pack.
No worries if you don't have a copies of this novel - I've included live links to the text, audio, and short film of it - all for FREE! That's the perfect solution whether you are a paper school or Google Drive school!
- active reading graphic organizers, PDF and 100% editable PPT
- vocabulary lists, sentences, quizzes, 100% editable
- three grammar exercises, 100% editable
- frequently confused words practice, 100% editable
- allusions match up
- reading quizzes, 100% editable
- journal/discussion prompts, 100% editable
- picture prompts, 100% editable
- mythology mini lessons, 100% editable
- three info text lessons (history of book burning, fire, and memory) Sold Here Separately
- two poetry lessons (Arnold and Blake)
- two short research and presentation media projects (censorship which is perfect for Banned Book Week and predictions) 100% editable
- three close reading exercises Sold Here Separately
- prereading activities
- final exam, 100% editable
- interactive review activities
- final project menu boards, 100% editable
- three classroom posters
- characterization worksheets
- multiple prompts
- figurative language worksheets, 100% editable
- great looking design
SEE THE PREVIEW FOR A GLIMPSE TO WHAT INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT PLAN'S 260 PAGES OF READY-TO-GO RESOURCES!
Interested in more of my literature units:
American Literature Full Curriculum
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Rose for Emily
To Build a Fire
Lord of the Flies
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches.
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME
. Presto! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Faulkner's Fast Five Blog
Julie Faulkner Photography on Instagram
Julie's Classroom Stories on Facebook
Teaching Tidbits Newsletter with Email-Only Freebies
Original Cover Photography by Julie Faulkner Photography