Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
I study Fahrenheit 451 with my honors, standard, and standard inclusion 9th graders. Many students comment on the power of reading this book, even if they don't enjoy the plot as much as other stories we read during the school year. Generally, I spend a month with Fahrenheit. My honors classes complete socratic seminars with it; sometimes my standard classes are up for the challenge as well! If you want to see how I teach them to write leveled questions and the worksheet I use for socratic seminar prep as well as the partner observation and reflection form, CLICK HERE!
Included in this zip file are the following:
1. An anticipation guide activity that I use to begin the unit with! It's an agree/disagree activity that leads to lively debates and full class participation.
2. An analysis of the poem "Dover Beach" (read out loud by Montag to Mildred and her friends) with connection questions to the novel and its themes
3. Comprehension questions for the end of the novel
4. Book discussion questions I use for lit circle groups or class discussion
5. A setting and character assignment that requires students to draw a scene from the novel and cite three pieces of text that helped them imagine what the setting and characters looked like
6. 15 question reading quizzes for each part of the novel (3 total quizzes) with keys
7. An editable creative project I use at the end of the year (with my bitmoji because I love to through it in there, but it is easily deleted!)
8. Direction for a Fahrenheit 451 mind map. I change the categories from our normal mind mapping activity that I use for every piece of literature we read!
9. A discussion question worksheet that can be used for the 60th anniversary novel introduction by Neil Gaiman (text not included, but easily accessed via internet)
10. Discussion questions for the short story, "The Pedestrian," which is another way that we lead into the Fahrenheit 451 unit (text not included due to copyright, but easily accessed via internet).
11. A notes page that can be used throughout the whole novel.