In this Fahrenheit 451 pack of paired info text and poetry lessons, you will find carefully chosen texts that add background information and relate thematically and purposefully with the novel. The questions provided require both a reading of the paired text and synthesis of the novel - thus promoting maximum critical thinking and synthesis. Each lesson is designed to be used at different times throughout the novel unit for strategic impact and to bring either a modern or classic twist during your study to supplement any unit you use. The three info text lessons and two poetry lessons are sure to provide many layers and opportunities for critical thinking during your study of Fahrenheit 451.
Get this resource in my complete 451 unit! Click here for the full unit!
- info text lesson on the science of fire with questions for the text and questions that relate it to the novel
- info text lesson on memory with two additional activities beyond the text analysis, plus a memory challenge activity
- info text lesson on the history of book burning with a propaganda poster project
- classic poetry lesson "Tyger Tyger" by William Blake
- classic poetry lesson "Dover Beach" by Matthew Arnold
- Suggested answers for each lesson
- Suggested use and CCSS
- Beautifully designed pages to catch students' eyes and printer-friendly format for you
Interested in more of my literature units:
American Literature Full Curriculum
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Rose for Emily
To Build a Fire
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches.
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Faulkner's Fast Five Blog
Julie Faulkner Photography on Instagram
Julie's Classroom Stories on Facebook
Teaching Tidbits Newsletter with Email-Only Freebies
Original Cover Photography by Julie Faulkner Photography