Fairness Character Ed Lesson w 3 video links & scenarios / activities PBIS Berenstain Bears
Character education is an important part of my comprehensive guidance program. Our school uses the six pillars of character to teach character education. I created this lesson to help students understand the various facets of the concept of fairness. I have found that most kids have a great understanding of fairness when it comes to whether or not they are getting their share, but they have more difficulty when it comes to fairness to others.
This lesson includes 28 slides that describe the following concepts:
• Definition of fairness
• A video demonstrating unfair behaviors (and a back-up video if you want to utilize it)
• Comprehension questions to help students internalize the concept of fair actions
• A video of the Berenstain Bears’ book, No Girls Allowed, to stimulate conversations on fairness in situations
• Equity VS Fairness
• Various situations to practice determining the proper response for fairness
• Instruction in using “I Messages” to deal with situations in a positive manner
• And links to a variety of other activities that can be utilized, if you so desire.
Pair this with the "I Message" half-sheet hand-outs in my store and the "I Message" poster, and you will have your students solving conflicts regarding FAIRNESS on their own.
I would schedule about 45 minutes for this lesson.
The PowerPoint is customizable and has a master slide that can be copied to make your own slides to personalize the lesson for your students and teaching style. The presentation includes both animations and transitions to hold your students' interest. Make your lesson come alive for your students and help them to connect to the concept in a fun way that will help them to remember the important lessons you need for them to remember.
This should only be used as your classroom resource for teaching this lesson. It should not be published without written consent. Copyright 2016- Counselor Bev