Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Why Story Mapping?
Story mapping invites children to break down a story as they learn about story elements and text structures and then rebuild it as they retell or innovate the tale to make it their own.
As children learn how stories work, they improve their comprehension as well as their ability to organize a piece of writing, because the text structures become hooks on which they can hang their ideas.
Children also really enjoy the process of making the maps and when they are finished, have a wonderful retell tool to use with a reading buddy or to take home and share with families.
This resource was also designed to help you integrate social studies and teaches children about map skills such as using a compass rose and following cardinal directions.
Inside each Fairy Tale Story Map resource you will find:
- printables (both black/white & color) for the landmarks/setting of 6 fairy tales
- printables (both black/white & color) for the characters for 6 fairy tales
- story map title, map key, and compass rose for each story
- full-color compass rose poster
- 3-4 story mapping worksheets for each fairy tale
- 2 map skills worksheets for each fairy tale
Fairy Tales Include:
The Gingerbread Man
Little Red Riding Hood
The Three Bears
The Three Little Pigs
The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Jack and the Beanstalk
I so appreciate your feedback and take time to read every comment! Click on the star under my store name to find out about new products, sales, freebies!
NEW PRODUCTS ARE NOW LISTED AT 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS. FOLLOW AND SAVE!