Also included in
- CLAMDiggers’ April Bundle allows you to purchase all Four Units at a discounted price. Each Unit is constructed with Literacy enrichment lessons as well as Critical Thinking Skills to be taught each week in April.It begins with constructing a Fairy Tale Kingdom Board Game using over 20 common Fairy$25.00$27.00Save $2.00
Fairy Tales, part of the Folklore genre, began, like Folk Tales, as orally-told magical stories passed down from one generation to the next. They are centuries-old and found in cultures around the world with many similar plots, characters, imagery, and themes.
Although adults and children have been entertained by Fairy Tales for thousands of years, many of them, as literary works, were changed for reading to children in the 1800s.
Child experts agree most Fairy Tales shouldn’t be shared with children under the age of six, except maybe, among others, “Goldilocks & the 3 Bears, The Mitten, The Turnip, The 3 Little Pigs, and The Elves & the Shoemaker.” There are many Fairy Tales can be “scary” for some young imaginations.
I , personally, as well as my Third Graders, enjoyed reading Fairy Tales from all over the world. The teaching elements provided lessons about “good” vs “evil” behaviors sprinkled with the magical imagery of enchantments ( real vs fantasy).
Included in this April's CLAMDiggers Unit are:
- front & back covers for booklet use
- a thematic literature list of trade books
- a general lesson plan for reading comprehension of the reads
- (#) hands-on interactive activities with instructions written on an independent upper elementary level
You can utilize this unit as:
- whole group instruction
- small group instruction
- cooperative groups
- center time activities
- partner sharing
- independent study
Download the CLAMDiggers April’s Poetry Posters collection for a Fairy Tale Focus-Poem by clicking on this link: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/CLAMDiggers-April-Poetry-Posters-6686360
Read an Overview on CLAMDiggers Literacy Enrichment Program by clicking on this link: https://www.bizzylizzybiz.com/clamdiggers-enrichment-program-for-upper-elementary-learners/
You can, also, visit my website for an Overview of CLAMDiggers' April Literacy Enrichment Collection by clicking on this link: https://www.bizzylizzybiz.com/clamdiggers-aprils-literacy-enrichment-collection/
Please let me hear from you with any questions, concerns and/or comments.
Mz. Bizzy Lizzy