PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Fairy Tales Unit features The Three Little Pigs and Goldilocks and The Three Bears. You'll find more than 65 pages packed with engaging activities like literacy centers, comparing/contrasting fairy tales, two reader's theaters, sequencing activities, and much more! Your students will love learning about fairy tales!
The following are included in this unit:
Here's what a few customers have said about this product:
1. Sample Anchor Charts: I have provided several sample charts of possible topics to discuss with your students. Included are:
~Fairy Tale Elements
~Other Story Endings
2. Story Element Cards: I have included pictures for both fairy tales of the characters, elements of the setting, problem etc. You can use these however you wish. I usually use these in a guided retelling of the fairy tales. I run them off on card stock and laminate them. I put magnetic tape on the back and we retell the story on the white board in the classroom.
3. Fairy Tale Elements: Several activities have been provided for this topic. There is a graphic organizer that can be filled in by the students highlighting the key elements of each fairy tale. If your students are still learning to read and write, there is an alternate activity provided. The students cut and glue pictures with words into the correct fairy tale element boxes. This is provided for both fairy tales.
4. Character/Setting Analysis: Students will have the opportunity to describe Goldilocks and the Big Bad Wolf. This provides an opportunity to introduce character traits to your students. In addition, students can describe the settings of the two fairy tales, using both pictures and words.
5. Text to Text Comparisons: Two Venn diagrams are provided for students to compare the fairy tales. One gives the students the opportunity to compare the characters of the two fairy tales. The second gives the students the opportunity to compare the problems of the two fairy tales. A third has been provided for you to customize the text to text comparisons ( compare settings, evil characters etc.).
6. Retelling: Lined paper with a place for an illustration has been provided for retelling the fairy tale. The students get to choose (by circling the title) the fairy tale they wish to retell.
7. Two Reader’s Theaters: There is a simple reader’s theater script included for both fairy tales. Character masks have also been included if you’d like your kids to get into character. This is a fun way for students to practice their reading fluency.
8. Sort it Out Centers: Students can use picture/word cards which represent elements of the fairy tales to sort into the correct categories. This will reinforce the fairy tale elements and their comprehension of the stories.
9. Sequence Center: This center has two components for each fairy tale. First, the students read the events of the story and put them in order (picture support is provided for each). Next, using the cards as a guide, the students cut and glue the events in order to show how they sequenced the events. This will give you a quick check of their understanding.
10. New Ending: The students get to create a new ending for the fairy tales. They will write and illustrate the new ending they have created.
Earn TPT Credits:
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Once you leave feedback, you earn TPT credits which accumulate and can be redeemed on your future TPT purchases! Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide feedback!
Perks of being a TPT store “Follower”
I love my followers! *All resources are 50% off for the first 24 hours!* By following Fun Times in First, you will receive a notification when new resources are added! You’ll know when I am offering special discounts or freebies as a thank you to my followers too! *Already discounted bundles are excluded from being 50% off when uploaded.
*Simply click the green "Follow Me" button at the top of this page near my logo picture.* Thanks for your support!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright © Nancy Brown Fun Times in First.
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet are all strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.