Looking for a fun activity that has your students showing a multitude of skills why altering fairy tales in a unique way?
Fairy Tales Gone Wrong!
(If you have students who cannot celebrate Halloween, this activity may be a way to let them participate in a different way)
This packet includes:
* Links to 13 different well-known fairy tales
* Fairy Tale comparison chart where students will compare two original fairy tales
* Spot the Elements of a Fairy Tale Comparison Chart
* Make a text-to-text, text-to-self, and text-to-world connection chart
* Fairy Tales gone Wrong Poster project: Students will create an alternate ending to a well-known fairy tale by having it not go as planned. Skills covered include: pre-writing, teamwork, rewriting and changing events, drawing visual snapshot, caption writing, Writing a poem, plot chart, elements, Venn diagram, levels of questions.
* Alternate ending worksheet to help them plot their changes before writing
* Types of poems handout for their use
Will the prince ever show up to save sleeping beauty? Will Ariel's voice leap into the prince instead of Ariel? Will the prince be able to climb Repunzel's hair when it is too full of split ends?