This bundle uses fairy tales to build reading comprehension skills while allowing students to have fun with literacy. A range of activities, including drama and singing, are provided to help you cater to the different needs in your classroom. The units include the following:
1. Text comprehension questions
2. Higher order, personal connection and critical thinking questions
3. Story mapping worksheets covering setting, characters and plot, including extension questions
4. Readers' Theater Scripts and full-page colored character images for each of the units. The scripts are taken from this resource of 12 scripts for Grades 1 and 2.
5. Song lyrics which could be sung to different common tunes. The tune for each song is indicated in the teaching notes of each unit.
6. A suggested teaching plan. This plan is very similar for each unit, so students can become familiar with what is expected and can more easily improve their skills.
7. An answer key
A second version of each worksheet is included with dotted lines for those students who still need to practice their printing and proper letter formation.
Other reading comprehension units you may be interested in:
Frog and Toad All Year
Frog and Toad Are Friends
Frog and Toad Together