Once Upon a Time there was a GREAT Fairy Tales Thematic Literacy Unit! This is a 3 Week Thematic Literacy Unit that incorporates Common Core Standards! The specific Common Core Standards covered is included in the description below. This thematic study is organized with numbered pages and a contents page to help keep you organized! Also included is a suggested book list to compliment the printable activities.
The following activities include printables and lots of opportunities for phonetic spelling (AKA invented spelling):
• Cinderella - Build a Sentence - K.RF.1c.1
• The Frog Princess - Rhyming Froggy Words - K.RF.2a.1
• The Princess and the Pea - Build a Sentence and Princess Puzzle - K.RF.1c.1
• Hansel and Gretel - Reading and Illustrating Witch Food Words - K.RF.4.1
• The Three Little Pigs – Comprehension – What Materials Used - K.RL.6.3
• The Bremen Town Musicians - Color Word Animals - K.RF.3c.1
• Falling for Rapunzel - Sentence Writing and Building - K.L.1f.1
• The Twelve Dancing Princesses - Reading and Matching Ordinal Number Words - K.RF.4.1
• The Gingerbread Man - Uppercase Lowercase Match - K.RF.1d.1
• Henny Penny - Decoding Spellings - K.RF.3d.1
• Jack and the Beanstalk - Reading and Ordering Days of the Week - K.RF.4.1
• The Ugly Duckling - Rhyming Ducky Words - K.RF.2a.1
• Sleeping Beauty - Word Families - K.L.2d.1
As a bonus, I’ve included true and tried teacher lessons to do with your students after sharing each Fairy Tale and prior to the work!!
Be Sure To Check Out . . .
PUPPY Themed Station/Center Signs
PUPPY Themed Job Chart Cards
KITTEN Themed Station/Center Signs
KITTEN Themed Job Chart Cards
You Might Also Like . . .
ROBOT Thematic Literacy and Math Unit – Print & Go and SO Much More!
Circus Themed Thematic Literacy Unit
Thank you for checking out my Fairy Tales Thematic Literacy Unit! If you follow me, you already know I love to leave you with a joke and a smile. Since this is a Fairy Tale Unit here are a few silly fairy tale jokes to make you chuckle!!
Q: What does a wicked witch like to read in the newspaper?
A: Her horror scope!
Q: Why do dragons sleep all day?
A: So they can fight knights!
Q: Why was Cinderella such a lousy baseball player?
A: She had a pumpkin for a coach!