This Fairy Tale Unit intergrates reading, writing, math, and art. This unit contains a variety of activities including: games, hands on, and formative assessment activities.
The goals of this unit is:
-Students will strengthen skills with story elements.
-Students will learn about descriptive writing.
-Students will learn about character traits.
-Students will compare and contrast story characters.
-Students will practice a variety of different writing exercise and receive constructive feedback on their writing.
Table of contents:
1. Fairy tales partner activity
2. Three types of trivia games instructions.
3. Fairy Tale trivia cards
4. The Jolly Post Man Art and writing lesson
5. ‘The Jolly Postman’ planning sheet
6. ‘The Jolly Postman’ writing paper
7. ‘The Jolly Postman’ assessment page
8. Character mismatch art
9. Make your own fairy tale riddles
10. Character comparison
11. Fairy Tale Villain descriptive writing lesson
12. Descriptive writing planning page
13. Descriptive writing paper
14. Descriptive word cards
15. Retell your favourite fairy tale in pictures
(includes: interactive notebook template)
16. Editing checklist sheets
17. What Character am I drama game.
18. Fairy Tale addition/subtraction problems
19. Graph your favourite fairy tales
20. Fractured fairy tale character/ setting cards
21. Write your own fractured fairy tale
22. Fracture fairy tale planning page
23. Fractured fairy tale writing paper
24. Editing checklist
25. Self/teacher assessment sheet
26. Fairy Tale journal writing prompts
27. List of Fairy Tale books