Fairy Tales Unit Bundle
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
Are you using fairy tales to teach reading comprehension skills? From Jack and the Beanstalk to Little Red Riding Hood, you can use fairy tale comprehension activities included in this fairy tales unit bundle to practice retelling, story parts, summarizing, comparing and contrasting, character study and more during your reading groups, literacy block, or fairy tale centers with the included fun extension activities. The consistent format for each story provides your students with the repeated practice they need. Differentiation is built in as you can read the same story to your class, and choose the most fitting comprehension activity for each student or group.
This bundle is great for:
- Providing visual support with vocabulary picture cards for fairy tales.
- Supporting oral retell with character pieces and setting mat projects.
- Bridging students to written retell fairy tale booklets with options for differentiation including picture guides and even cut and paste word options so all your students can participate
- Summary writing for those who are ready for longer response
- Character trait writing with graphic organizers to support written response
- Extension Activities so you have extra activities that can be used during spare time, for literacy lessons, or even in centers. These vary by story but include word scrambles, abc order, make a list templates, and even some color by code.
This fairy tale unit bundle includes activities using Google Slides materials for (Links to individual products):
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The Three Little Pigs
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Little Red Hen
AND resources to go with the story
Look at what other teachers like you are sharing:
Cara K shares: This resource is A-Mazing! It was nice to have a bundle per fairy tale. The options were unlimited. I love that the students were actively engaged throughout the lessons and it was so versatile. It is great for stations and independent work. Thank you for sharing!
Deanna B. shares: This was such a fun and engaging unit for my students. They loved making the character puppets which was so great for retell. I am excited to use this again this year! Thank you so much!